At Save The Snakes, we recognize and understand how connecting people to nature can be a means of protecting wildlife and wild places. Therefore, we are delighted to announce that Save The Snakes will lead an ecotour to Costa Rica!
The Save The Snakes Costa Rica Conservation Ecotour (June 2nd – 15th, 2019) will encompass the rainforest, cloud forest, volcanoes, and an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph snakes in their natural habitat. However, you will also have the opportunity to relax on beautiful beaches, observe nesting sea turtles, learn about the fascinating lives of bats and enjoy the pleasures of chocolate. This ecotour combines sustainability with personal comfort, as we will stay in first-class ecolodges that prioritize protecting the environment and creating an unforgettable guest experience. Most importantly, you will discover how this ecotour supports local communities, preserves habitat and protects wildlife populations.
The Ecotour is FULL. Want to sign up for next year?
Contact us now for more information!
- Travel by boat up winding rivers and through pristine rainforest canals to observe wildlife in Tortuguero on the Caribbean coast
- Trek through lush, dense rainforests in the Sarapiquí region and learn how one organization mitigates human-snake conflict for their community
- Explore a remote, rainforest preserve on the Pacific Coast to search for eyelash vipers and afterward, drink locally produced craft beer
- Hike in the mountainous region of San Gerardo de Dota and search for the resplendent quetzal, arguably the most beautiful bird in the Americas
- Experience the vibrant culture of the city of San Jose and visit the Instituto Clodomiro Picado, the world’s leading producer of snake antivenom
- Meet dedicated wildlife conservationists who are working to save some of the most amazing and iconic snake species found in Costa Rica
Would you like to see the full ecotour itinerary?
Shoot us an email and we will send it ASAP!
The Fer-de-lance (Bothrops asper) is an amazing Costa Rican snake species.
Why Travel with Save The Snakes?
If you decide to travel with Save The Snakes, all proceeds from this ecotour support our global snake conservation efforts, enabling us to protect snakes and mitigate human-snake conflict around the world. Your participation not only helps our conservation programs, it directly benefits the communities that actively protect the wildlife habitats we visit.
The total price for the trip is $3,499 per traveler.
Your ecotour payment will cover all first-class lodging, delicious meals, comfortable in-country transportation, park entrance fees and world-class tour guides and their scientific expertise.
Please complete the expression of interest form if you would like to join the Costa Rica Ecotour
During the Save The Snakes Ecotour, we will have the wonderful opportunity to witness many amazing wildlife species in Costa Rica. However, as snakes are incredibly cryptic animals, we cannot guarantee that you will see your favorite Costa Rican snake species in the wild. Please know that with the expertise and experience of our incredible guides, you will definitely see some amazing wildlife… including snakes!
Furthermore, this ecotour is designed to experience snakes, undisturbed, in their natural habitat. This is not a photography or “herping” trip. No animals will be manipulated for photography purposes. Under no circumstances will any participant handle venomous snakes.
Lastly, wildlife enthusiasts of all kinds are welcomed to join this trip, but you must be 18 years or older to participate.
The group size is 14 participants and we expect this trip to fill up fast. After you complete the ectour expression of interest form, we will be in touch with you right away!
Thank you for your interest in the Save The Snakes Costa Rica Ecotour. We look forward to sharing this experience with you!