At Save The Snakes, we recognize and understand how connecting people to nature can be a means of protecting wildlife and wild places. Therefore, we are delighted to announce that Save The Snakes will lead an ecotour to Costa Rica in June 2019!
The Save The Snakes Costa Rica Ecotour (June 2nd – 15th, 2019) will encompass the rainforest, cloud forest, volcanoes, and an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph snakes in their natural habitat. Costa Rica has an incredible array of biodiversity, landscapes and ecosystems. To signup for the ecotour, please complete this expression of interest form and we will contact you with more information!
- Travel by boat up winding rivers and through pristine rainforest canals to observe wildlife in Tortuguero on the Caribbean coast
- Trek through lush, dense rainforests in the Sarapiquí region and learn how one organization mitigates human-snake conflict for their community
- Explore a remote, rainforest preserve on the Pacific Coast to search for eyelash vipers and afterward, drink locally produced craft beer
- Hike in the mountainous region of San Gerardo de Dota and search for the resplendent quetzal, arguably the most beautiful bird in the Americas
- Experience the vibrant culture of the city of San Jose and visit the Instituto Clodomiro Picado, the world’s leading producer of snake antivenom
- Meet dedicated wildlife conservationists who are working to save some of the most amazing and iconic snake species found in Costa Rica
While we aim to see snakes, this trip is so much more! You will have the opportunity to relax on beautiful beaches, observe nesting sea turtles, learn about the fascinating lives of bats and enjoy the pleasures of chocolate. This ecotour combines sustainability with personal comfort, as we will stay in first class ecolodges that prioritize protecting the environment and creating an unforgettable guest experience. Most importantly, you will discover how this ecotour supports local communities, preserves habitat and protects wildlife populations.