At Save The Snakes, we recognize and understand how connecting people to nature can be a means of protecting wildlife and wild places. Therefore, we are delighted to announce that Save The Snakes will lead another ecotour to Ecuador in 2023!
The Save The Snakes Ecuador Ecotour (November 10-20, 2023) will encompass the Amazon rainforest, cloud forest of the Mindo Valley, the Páramo of the Andes Mountains, and an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph snakes and other wildlife species in their natural habitat. The ecotour has been developed by Save The Snakes Founder and Executive Director Michael Starkey, who for over ten years, has organized and led ecotours to Belize, Costa Rica, and Ecuador. Ecuador has an incredible array of biodiversity, landscapes and ecosystems. There are lots of snakes to be found, making Ecuador a perfect place for a Save The Snakes Ecotour. This ecotour combines sustainability with personal comfort, as we will stay in first-class ecolodges that prioritize protecting the environment and creating an unforgettable guest experience. Most importantly, you will discover how this ecotour supports local communities, preserves habitat and protects wildlife populations.
Join Save The Snakes for the trip of a lifetime!
- Experience the vibrant culture of the city of Quito and visit the Quito Vivarium to learn about their reptile conservation programs
- Hike the high elevation Páramo of the Antisana National Reserve, as we search for Andean condors and spectacled bears
- Travel by boat on the waters of the Ecuadorian Amazon to observe numerous wildlife species
- Learn from the Quichua people about their challenges they face to protect nature and their cultural heritage
- Trek through pristine habitats at night to discover nocturnal wildlife in multiple ecosystems
- Explore the Mindo Valley: famous for its cool, cloud forest and excellent birding, including 20 species of hummingbirds
- Meet dedicated wildlife conservationists who are working to save some of the most amazing and iconic wildlife species found in Ecuador
Why Travel with Save The Snakes?
If you decide to travel with Save The Snakes, all proceeds from this ecotour support our global snake conservation efforts, enabling us to protect snakes and mitigate human-snake conflict around the world. Your participation not only helps our conservation programs, it directly benefits the communities that actively protect the wildlife habitats we visit.
The price per traveler will be announced soon. Your ecotour payment will cover all first-class lodging, delicious meals, comfortable in-country transportation, park entrance fees and world-class tour guides and their scientific expertise.
During the Save The Snakes Ecuador Ecotour, we will have the wonderful opportunity to witness many amazing wildlife species throughout the country. However, as snakes are incredibly cryptic animals, we cannot guarantee that you will see your favorite Ecuadorian snake species in the wild. Please know that with the expertise and experience of our incredible guides, you will definitely see some amazing wildlife… including snakes!
Furthermore, this ecotour is designed to experience snakes, undisturbed, in their natural habitat. This is not a photography or “herping” trip. No animals will be manipulated for photography purposes. Under no circumstances will any participant handle venomous snakes.
Lastly, wildlife enthusiasts of all kinds are welcomed to join this trip, but you must be 18 years or older to participate.
The group size is 12 participants and 2 Save The Snakes Ecotour Leaders. We expect this trip to fill up fast. After you contact us, we will be in touch with you right away!
Thank you for your interest in the Save The Snakes Ecuador Ecotour. We look forward to sharing this experience with you!